Terms and Conditions
- Horse riding is a high-risk sport and handling horses can be potentially dangerous. We take great care to ensure that all our horses and ponies are well trained and reliable. Before commencing any riding lesson or squad event with The Equine Clue the rider or guardian, if rider if under 18 years of age, must only ride with the clear understanding that you ride at entirely your own risk.
- All riders must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of The Equine Club before engaging in a riding lesson or squad event.
- The Equine Club will take all care in the selection of horse or pony based on the information given at the time of booking. We require at booking the age, weight, height and previous riding experience of each participant so that the needs of the rider and horse can be determined.
- Should we find that upon arrival the information given is misleading we hold the right to refuse to conduct the lesson and any money paid is forfeited by the rider of whom provided incorrect or misleading personal information.
- Each horse has a different nature and temperament and responds differently to each rider’s style and experience level. Riders recognize there is an element of risk in riding horses and that the horse or pony may act in an unpredictable manner, especially if frightened, hurt in any way, mistreated or not controlled correctly by the rider.
- Riders under the age of 6, who are beginner riders must commence with a 30-minute lesson to assess rider ability before they are able to progress to longer lesson times or group lessons for their safety.
- Riders must be over the age of 4 to attend any lessons at The Equine Club.
Bookings and check in
- All booking requests can be made by emailing email@example.com or by phoning or texting Sharyn on 0419 945 359. Where able please email or send a text the mobile number in order for us to respond promptly. We check voice mails during the day though it is far more responsive if you can text your requirements through as at times we are with the horses or clients and unable to answer the phone call.
- All future bookings must be paid for at the time of booking to secure your lesson date and time. Please rebook as soon as able for future bookings to avoid missing out on your desired lesson day and time. Bookings can be paid for with credit card in person or over the phone or via bank transfer. Please reference your full name if paying by bank transfer so that we can match the payment correctly.
- Should you need to cancel a lesson we will reschedule that lesson for you at a time that is convenient, given you have provided us at least 24 hours’ notice. Please note that the lesson must be booked and used within 3 months of the cancellation. If not, the lesson is forfeited and no refund of the amount paid refunded.
- Check in at least 10 minutes prior to your lesson commencement time. Your horse will be ready to go at your allocated start time. Should you wish to come in earlier and assist with brushing and tacking up your horse just notify us prior and we will ensure that a staff member is available to assist you at this time.
Waiver and Risk Management
- The Equine Club is committed to continuous improvement around reducing risk for horses and customers who participate in riding activities through The Equine Club. We are committed to make your riding experience one that is as safe and enjoyable as possible. Riders ride with the knowledge that horse riding is considered a dangerous sport and that people have had serious injury and loss of life from horse riding activities. By engaging in services offered by The Equine Club you acknowledge this risk.
- All customers must complete the rider waiver form prior to riding, if under 18 years of age then a parent or guardian can sign on the behalf of the minor. A new waiver must be completed every 12 months. One waiver per rider is required to be completed.
- We will if we feel the situation is unsafe for either rider or horse, discontinue the lesson or riding activity. Safety is always our foremost consideration. Horses, like humans, can have bad days, become sore, become unwell and with short notice at times. Where safe and able we will always substitute your horse for another, if we are unable, we will reschedule your lessons. Safety and welfare for both horse and rider is paramount and forefront in all activities that we undertake.
- When we send you the waiver, we will also send you an information sheet about yourself to complete so that we know more about you, your riding history, any medical issues or disabilities we should know about and your general state of health to ensure that your riding experience is enjoyable and as safe as able.
- Please note that we do have a weight restriction to ensure both the horse and rider’s safety is met. Our rider maximum weight for adults on our thoroughbreds is 85kg and for our heavy horses 95 - 100kg fully clothed with boots. We will assess each rider individually as many competent riders who are heavier are very balanced and the horses able to carry weight easily. We will ask you to confirm you weight and height at the time of booking, this also allows us to match you to the most suitable horse for your riding experience.
- If you have young children accompanying, please ensure that they are supervised always when on the grounds for which you or another accompanying you have a lesson booked. No one is permitted to go near horses that may be in day yards awaiting lessons and under no circumstances are people to enter holding yards of horses at any time unless under the direct supervision and with the consent of staff.
- For your safety please avoid going near paddocks which contain horses, many of the paddocks have electric fencing which can cause pain and discomfort if touched.
- A general viewing area outside the arena is available to watch lessons, at no time is anyone permitted to enter an arena area to watch a lesson. Only staff and those with appropriate safety attire, including helmets are permitted to enter a teaching arena surface.
- Children must be supervised always by a responsible person. Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay at any of the properties for which The Equine Club conduct lessons. Many of the properties have barbed wire, electric fencing, ponds, lakes and other hazards to young children.
- Many of our venues we teach from have agisted horses, you are not permitted to enter these areas or walk around the grounds at any time. Please refrain from touching horses for which are not owned by The Equine Club.
- We do not allow customers to bring their own pets onto the grounds, please leave dogs and pets at home.
- While on any of the grounds for which we teach we cannot be held responsible for any damage, theft or loss of your personal property. Please ensure you don’t leave valuables in your car and that it is locked always.
What to wear
- Wear long pants, ideally jodhpurs, or a soft fabric pant, no shorts or skirts. Boots or gumboots are ideal, no sneakers or shoes with tie ups. Riding boots with a flat sole and small heal are the ideal riding apparel. We do not supply riding boots so please ensure that you bring appropriate shoes for the lesson.
- Riding helmets must meet AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) helmets. We have a very limited range of helmets for use, we strongly suggest purchasing one of your own if possible. Due to the nature of the programs we offer, most of our riders have had at least 12 months of riding experience and as such have purchased their own helmets.
- Body Protectors – The Equine Club highly recommend the use of body protectors when you ride at any time. It is an added protection and we suggest these are worn especially during jumping lessons.
- Please ensure you bring clothing and accessories appropriate to the weather and conditions, sunscreen, and adequate coverage in the event of very hot days and rain coat or weather proof jacket to keep you dry on days where it is raining. We do ride in the rain, if the weather is such that we need to cancel we will ring you, otherwise we will go ahead as planned. Melbourne weather can fluctuate over a day so should you wish to check with us if lessons are going ahead please do so.
- We require a minimum of 6 hours’ notice if you are unable to attend your lesson for any reason. You can email or text us if unable to reach us via phone. We have a 100% forfeit of fees paid for any lesson cancelled without the required notice.
- Should you need to cancel a lesson that is paid for, we will reschedule that lesson for you at a time that is convenient. Please note that the lesson must be booked and used within 3 months of the cancellation date. If not, then the lesson will be forfeited, and no refund of the amount paid refunded.
- Our lessons and programs operate in all weather conditions. We will always notify you if lessons are not going ahead due to extreme weather. Temperatures above 34 degrees can be rescheduled as we do not want to put the extra strain on our horses, staff or customers. We will monitor lessons throughout the day as temperatures fluctuate. Where possible we will move your lesson to a time the same day whereby the temperate is below 34 degrees.
- We will not conduct lessons where thunderstorms and lightening are present or other severe weather conditions. Where able to we withhold the lesson until such a time as it is safe to ride again on the same day. Where not possible we will credit the lesson, which is to be rebooked within a 3-month period from that date.